Leica S3 Medium Format DSLR Camera (Body Only)
Availability: In Stock
- Optical pentaprism viewfinder features a high eye-point and 0.87x magnification for comfortable, bright, and fluid viewing. An illuminated LCD bar is incorporated into the finder’s design to provide shooting information and optional exchangeable focusing screens are available to suit various shooting styles.
- Rear 3.0″ 921k-dot LCD monitor is available for live view monitoring and image review and is covered with Corning Gorilla Glass for added protection and greater viewing clarity.
- Top monochrome status LCD can be used for quickly reviewing shooting settings.
- Dual shutter system is compatible with both the in-camera focal plane shutter, for exposures between 1/4000 sec and 2 min with flash sync at 1/125 sec, or with select Central Shutter/leaf shutter-type lenses, which offer flash sync speeds up to 1/1000 sec.
- Rugged body design utilizes a magnesium alloy shell with non-slip rubber armoring, a magnesium alloy top plate, aluminum alloy base plate, and stainless steel control elements and lens mount bayonet.
- Dust- and splash-proof sealing enables working in inclement weather conditions.
- Dual card slot design accommodates one SD/SDHC/SDXC card and one CompactFlash card for file-saving flexibility.
Connectivity and Tethering
- Built-in Wi-Fi, when used in conjunction with the Leica FOTOS app for iOS and Android, permits sharing imagery directly to a linked mobile device and also enables remote control over the S3 and remote shooting via a live view image.
- Tethering is supported via the Lemo USB 3.0 port for an efficient studio-based workflow.
- Integrated GPS module can be used for geotagging shots as well as acquiring automatic date and time settings.